Breakfast on the go
Last time I discussed the different types of oats, so I thought it’d be fun to put those oats to use.
Have you ever had overnight oatmeal? If not, I’m about to share with you something you’ll wonder how you lived this long without it. Seriously.
Oatmeal is a great power breakfast that will get your day going and keep you full longer. Overnight oatmeal has the same benefits, PLUS you can grab it and go. How awesome is that!?
Here’s a recipe that I adapted from MyHealthyDish
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (or rolled oats)
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp of hemp seeds (chia seeds is better, but that’s what I had)
- 1/2 tsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of PB2 (optional)
- fruit for topping (optional)
- mix oats, almond milk, seeds, honey, PB2 and cinnamon in a bowl (I don’t have mason jars)
2. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight
3. Take out in the morning, top with fruit and enjoy 🙂
You can warm it up if you’d like, but it’s absolutely tasty cold!
If you like your oatmeal thicker, use less almond milk. You’ll have to experiment with measures until you’re satisfied with its thickness.
Get cookin’ and get energized!