Stroke of Genius I did a late workout the other night. I had already ate dinner, did some homework, then went to the gym. It was a good workout, and I needed some fuel after to help build my muscles. It was late, I had already ate dinner, what was I going to eat? I had no idea, so I looked to see what I had. It’s amazing how the best inventions come from the spur of the moment. That’s exactly what this recipe is. A spur of the moment, fantastic, healthy recipe. Without further ado, I bring to you Banana Almond Butter Blueberry Bites:
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- handful of blueberries
- granola (I like Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola)
- cut banana in half length wise
2. spread almond butter on banana and cut into bite size pieces
3. place blueberries on each piece; the bigger pieces get two!
4. sprinkle granola over bites
Great to refuel
This is a great refuel snack. It’s got carbs from the banana, protein and fat from the almond butter, and the blueberries are just an added bonus, but who’s complaining? My mouth is full of banana almond butter blueberry goodness. Mhmm 🙂
Now let’s get energized!