- Hemp seeds contain all amino acids, even the essential amino acids our bodies need
- The ratio between omega-6 and omega-3 is 3:1, a great balance for optimal health
- There are 5 grams of protein in two tablespoons
- It is one of the most easily digestible form of protein
- Contains vitamin E and many minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, and phosphorous
photo credit: www.trulyorganicfoods.com
Isn’t hemp marijuana?
If marijuana came across your mind while reading this, you’re not the first one. When I saw hemp seeds in a recipe I was appalled.
Hemp is of a different species than marijuana. Most importantly, hemp contains very little of THC, the active ingredient that marijuana is known for.
No need to worry about drug tests. Eat up those hemp seeds!
Let’s get energized!